Monday, February 18, 2008

Birds and Planets

My morning prayer window looks out over Prospect Park Southwest.

Friday morning I heard my first robin of 2008, cheerfully chirping its morning song. Today I heard a lot of them as I walked through the Park, but they haven't started grazing yet.

Today as I walked down Second Street, from the Park to Eighth Ave, the stoops were all green! Brownstone and limestone with green highlights. Still in winger! From the damp? The warmth?

I've been watching a planet in the pre-dawn sky, over Ditmas Park :). I can't tell if it's Jupiter or Mercury. It's low enough to be seen between the branches of the taller trees. It's my current morning star.

Wie schoen leuchtet der Morgenstern.

1 comment:

Cotton Wool & Silk said...

I'm eagerly awaiting my first spring robin in upstate NY.

Always a meaningful event/ritual for me.

Planets and moons too. . .red eclipse of latter this past week.
Wondrous. . .